Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm Done

It has been so many years

years filled with trying and fake smiles

pretend hugs and empty promises

"we'll get together soon"

an end to that, starts today

I will not be a slave to manipulation

I will not fall prey to passive aggressive bullshit

I would rather have no one in my life

than deal with the gut wrenching antics

of the clown car clan

smoke and mirrors, it has been said before

bait and switch is more like it

"closed up" you say, I'm so tightly closed

I challenge you to deal with these people

and emerge unscathed, it won't happen

holidays, no more pretending

no more cooking all day and cleaning all night

while everyone smokes cigarettes on the back porch

and then talks about you the whole next day

no more, I'm done

you want goodbye

you got it

No comments: