Please God, don't take him now
I need more time
I promise I'll be more attentive
I won't take him for granted
He's been here my whole life
as long as I can remember
I've always loved him so much
but I haven't always shown him
I just need a little more time
please give me more time, give him more time
He, like me, was caught
in the middle of senselessness
Although unspoken, we both
have always known that
He's my PaPa, I need him
I need more time to show him I need him
He was always the one
who was willing to help me
Always dropped everything
to come and watch his great grandsons
He did my laundry while I was at work
stocked my fridge with treats for the boys
He has been everything that a grandfather
should be and more
I appreciated him, but not enough
not as much as he deserved
I was too busy groaning about what I didn't have
to open my eyes and see what a blessing he was to me
Thank you for letting me realize the importance of family
before it was too late
But please give me just a little more time with him
and please God, comfort him with your love and light
1 comment:
Hope all is well....
Post a Comment