I am finding
there are far greater ways
to hurt someone and
damage a relationship
than having an affair
It certainly does have
a more dramatic flare
to say "she cheated on me!!!"
it will definitely summon
a greater number of supporters
Maybe it's those supporters
who lead you to believe
that I have no worth
that my feelings don't matter
that you don't owe me anything
If that's the case
I am truly sorry
for a life of anger and bitterness
is a fate worse than death
My pain will subside and I will move on
I am sad though because these recent memories
are tainting any good memories
that I had of the past 10 years
I don't even know you anymore
I'm sure it wasn't just the affair
that caused this shift in your personality
I've sensed it was there all along
No comments:
Post a Comment