Just a shadow of my former self
looking back now seems surreal
so tortured and alone then
not capable to feel
Sitting at the kitchen table
laughing so hard it hurt
I got this funny feeling
it felt familiar but I couldn't be sure
Days went by I found myself
wondering, thinking, dreaming
some very unfamiliar things
that strangely seemed appealing
My thoughts at first were not of sex
the visions in my head
were of us simply snuggling
laying in her bed
That's all I needed and I hoped
that she would need that too
I thought of ways to ask her
so she wouldn't think I was a fool
Who in the world would ask someone
to which she was attracted
if she would go to bed with you
but leave her trousers fastened
Each night in bed all by myself
my mind would start to wander
and every night I'd let her go
just a little farther
Alright, ok, this could work
I guess we could undress
oh God, what am I thinking
I would be such a mess
It was nice to dream a bit
at home, tucked in my bed
but this was me, miss play it safe
this affair stays in my head
I tried to stop it, pushed you away
by telling you I had nothing to offer
but as those words passed through my lips
I could feel my heart growing softer
Strange sometimes how life unfolds
as we tear ourselves apart
can you believe my happily ever after
was determined by a dart
No comments:
Post a Comment