Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The New Girl

I'm starting to get to know
this new girl that's emerging

With each stone that is lifted
each patch of earth that is shifted

With each layer that is shed
the light up above seems more in focus

Letting go of preconceived notions
scrubbing off the build-up of the past 43 years

Growing into myself, lighting my own path
I don't have to keep carrying all of this stuff around

The past is the past
life is not black and white

In all of it's glory
it's ten thousand shades of gray

No one is supposed to do anything
except die and pay taxes

I am taking a swing at that theoretical shoe
I'm going to make it drop so I can stop fearing it

The rhetorical questioning in my mind has stopped
life is hard enough, I'm just taking it as it comes

Focusing on the gifts of each new day
and being "love"

No comments: