I'm kind of curious
about what makes someone
feel confident one day
and not so confident the next
Could it be that last night I learned
yet again that my own mother bad mouths
me to anyone who will listen
I guess that's why I never aspired
to have a high powered career
where I had to dazzle em' every day
Be at the top of my game
no matter what was going on behind the scenes of my life
When your own mother doesn't have a kind word to say about you
it's hard to stand up in front of a crowd and feel like a million bucks
I simply don't feel confident today
and apparently I'm not a very good actress either
So if that means I won't be the CEO of a big hospital
or even the coordinator of anything, I'm OK with that
I just gotta be me
whatever and however that may be
on any given day
It's all I got
No comments:
Post a Comment