Sometimes I feel like I'm walking on such uncertain ground
at any moment the earth under my feet will crumble and turn to rubble
Sending me tumbling and sliding down a steep cliff
bumping rocks and limbs as I fall
Everything is so uncertain and volatile
like an unstable volcano or walking on a land mine
Just as I pick up speed and feel like I'm making forward progress
either the ground breaks or an explosion sends me airborne
I need calm, quiet, stable ground
I crave to know that my next step will support me
My body pulses with tension awaiting the next
meltdown, freak out, pseudo catastrophe, or confrontation
Never knowing from which direction it will come
I stand on high alert, afraid to let my guard down for a second
"I'm sorry" doesn't seem to assuage the affect
Although most of the time there is no "I'm sorry" anyway
This teetering piece of earth on which I currently reside
is no less appealing than any other direction in which I may turn
Now you see me
Now you don't
No comments:
Post a Comment