So thankful for a new year
and the passage of time that it brings
Not to wish my life away
but to heal and reflect and grow
Reflections of happy times
and happier times yet to be
Still hesitant to love
in an effort to understand myself more first
Anticipating independence
although now I realize that one can be independent but not alone
A product of "black and white thinking"
I still struggle with these concepts
I no longer feel angry or afraid but excited
about the possibilities laid out before me
A home of my own, wherever that may be
but never far from my babes
I have spent much time overwhelmed while raising them
but they have turned out so wonderfully despite that
They are the one love that I truly understand
they are part of me, the one being I struggle so to know
I let them be who they are, loving and free to experience and be
I wonder why can't I hold the same truths for myself
No comments:
Post a Comment