I have come to realize that this road I have been traveling
albeit rocky and pain filled
Has been a slow journey back to my family
something I have subconsciously yearned for
God has been trying to show me
for such a long time
I knew there must be a message
in the recurring mother theme in my life
The bitterness I felt about
his mother, her mother
The jealousy I felt about
her close relationship with her family
The intense grief I felt
at the mention of the death of her mother
It seems that it should have been so easy
so clearly laid out for me to see
But I wasn't paying attention,
clouded by my selfishness, I was sure that I had been wronged
I am doing the best I can at raising
my children
They did the best they could
at raising me
They are not perfect, neither am I
but they are mine and I love them
The good, the bad, the indifferent
I love them for who they are,
they love me for who I am
They're mine, mine, gloriously mine
and I am so thankful that God brought
me to them before it was too late
No comments:
Post a Comment