I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore
the worst feeling in the world
very isolating, so alone
Worse, I don't even trust myself
in this house of mirrors
that's become my life
A mirror at every turn,
I find myself standing in front of
struggling to recognize the distorted figure
I've traveled miles
but have gotten nowhere
Endured unimaginable pain
scars in various stages of healing
I never asked to be examined
under a microscope
To have every personal detail
and indiscretion of my life
aired for the world to see
To judge...
Ironically there's a lot to judge
considering the lack of experience under the Personal
Relationships heading on my life's resume
Bad judgment on my part, luck of the draw
who knows, I press on
My nature has always been to trust
once I've let someone in anyway
I guess my not letting many people in
is why that Personal Relationships heading
on my life's resume is so short
I'm not discriminatory,
just very, very cautious
Ever terrified of feeling
the way I do right now
Standing vulnerable in front
of yet another distorted mirror
Broken
No comments:
Post a Comment