I’m not being me
Why
I wish I knew
Why don’t I like being me
Never feel good enough
Always feel like I should be doing more
More people should like me
I should give more
Be more kind
Care more
Not care so much
A better mother
A better friend
I don’t keep in touch
Call enough
Why is it so overwhelming being me
I try
God knows I try
Why can’t it just ever be enough
Enough of me
For me
I’ve lost myself
Trying to be a better me
I don’t even know who the hell I am anymore
Or if there was ever anything wrong with the not so great me
I’m tired
A lot
I’m not surprised
Trying to be this extra special me
Conflict
Guilt
Doubt
Creep into my happiness
Showering it with acid rain
I smile and laugh out loud
Sometimes right through the pain
Heavy weights rest on my shoulders
A burden to say the least
Trying to relax
Enjoy my life
Looking for some peace
God please give me some peace
No comments:
Post a Comment